A clog in the kitchen is one of the most common — and annoying — problems you can have in your household. It happens every now and then, seriously interfering with your daily chores. Fortunately, there are much cheaper and easier ways to solve the problem than calling a plumber.
1. Remove a greasy clog with baking soda, salt, and vinegar.
Let’s start with a strong solution, for those who don’t start fixing something until it becomes too serious for lighter measures. First of all, the magic starts with pouring hot water down the drain. It’ll help to soften a clog and break it up a little.
- Take 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/4 cup of salt. Mix them and pour into the drain hole.
- Heat a cup of vinegar until it’s just ready to boil and pour it on other ingredients.
- Quickly cover the drain, to not let the resulting foam out.
- Wait 15 to 30 minutes, then finish with another portion of hot water.