Sticking a tongue out is a greeting in Tibet while in many other countries it’s used as a way to diagnose you. You may be surprised, but the tongue can indicate many health problems. And for an initial examination, you can take a mirror and carefully look at your tongue. After this, you can match it with the information that we’ve prepared for you.
1. Location of organs on the tongue
The tongue is a whole map, where each site is responsible for a specific internal organ. Any changes (sores, spots, blisters, etc.) may indicate a malfunction of these organs.
- So the tip of the tongue denotes the heart.
- The lungs are on the sides next to the tip.
- The center of the tongue points to the stomach and pancreas.
- Along the edges are the liver and spleen.
- Closer to the bottom of the tongue are the intestines.
- On the sides near intestines there are the kidneys.